A tale of a Scotsman living in SW london...

Monday, April 23, 2007

Atchoo

First up - Atchoo in Lithuanian means "thank you". That kept us all very amused the other weekend.

Well, I've felt better over weekends. A stinking cold made it's intentions known on Friday and proceeded to take full effect on Saturday, receding slightly now. Still feel rubbish.

Saturday was spent looking at the number one wedding venue of choice for me and the missus. In reality, I should have stayed at home, but as it's a year to the day to the wedding it was important to get photos of the grounds to see what it's going to look like for our wedding. It looks amazing and we spent 2 hours there looking around. Discovered that it has a tennis court, which we'll never get to use but might be useful to lock my (to be, but feel like they are already) niece and nephew in with a football, and possibly my brother.

Afterwards, we went to a shopping village looking for dresses for my missus. I couldn't stand it (the cold was kicking in big style) so stayed in the car. Good result as she got a dress that she is more than happy with.

Saturday night was a lively one - me trying to stay awake with a lemsip and 2 boxes of tissues. Rock and Roll...

Sunday was playing with the niece and nephew as the cold had subsided a bit. They are very amusing. The eldest one (she's 4) said about her little brother (who's 1):

Erm, Mummy, my brothers interests are milk, winging, and stairs.


Brilliant. Not "my brother likes" but "his interests are". 4 going on 40.

No comments: