A tale of a Scotsman living in SW london...

Friday, April 27, 2007

Cars and football

A nice drive back last night, although a bit late. But at least it gives me time to consider the next car (about a year away, but with a weekly 2.5 - 3 hour drive, your mind wanders). I'd thought of another BMW, but they cost so much money, so may not do that. Audi is similar, I like the A3 but why would you buy one when it's a rebadeged Golf and they are cheaper? Volvos new C30 looks interesting but would the missus let me get another 3 door when we've just got married? Can't see that one lasting long if we did go for it. So it needs to be a 4 door. Saab 93 is an option, but it's getting on a bit now. VW Golf is the same - 4 years into this run, will be replaced in 3 years. New Passat has a stunning interior, and with the new 170BHP TDI it would be in with a good shout. However let me throw a wild card - new Mondeo. By all accounts, it's as good as anything BMW and Audi have made (if not better), but it's 5K cheaper. I've seen one on the road, driving up the M40 (in a wierd traffic jam - between an Aerial Atom and a couple of supercars - AM DB9 and a yellow Gallardo). When they are officially released I'll need to have a closer look. Thing is, I like the RWD the BMW gives you, and you sit low in it which I like, so will see.

On another matter, for those who love football, isn't this a bit too scary?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1r5c9_comparativa-gol-de-messi-y-marad

Messi, being argentinian, probably knew the goal was similar and has even celebrated in the same way. It's magical to watch, almost as good as the Rooney goals for Utd this week (as if - this beats them easily!)

No comments: