A tale of a Scotsman living in SW london...

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Sport

Love this weekend of sport - brilliant!

So, the boys from Oxford really helped me out by losing in dramatic fashion. I mean, how hard can it be to row up a very still Thames? Still, they are all bigger than me (except the cox) so I'll say well done - the 10 months of training was worth it.

I'm still in the running for the golf - come on in Tiger! Not quite as good if one of my 22/1 or 28/1 came in, but right now I'll just take a win! Fingers crossed.

Lewis Hamilton - you are a star. Two races in to his Grand Prix life and he goes round the outside of a Ferrai on the second bend. Good man, you've made me very happy - the look on Kimi's face at the end was also very much worth it!! I'm quite sure big Ron was loving that as well.

United blew it yesterday, they looked tired in midfield. Not as tired as me - I had to go the gym to watch it! Was knackered by the end. I can't wait for them to get a true out and out goalscorer again up front, picking up the scraps from Rooney and Ronaldo. If they had that this season, they would have walked the title by now (did somebody say Ruud?).

Bit of boxing news - Khan and Calzaghe win again - good for them. About time these guys went and boxed in the states though as it's easy for Calzaghe to win at Cardiff in front of 35,000 locals.

No comments: