A tale of a Scotsman living in SW london...

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

So, the fence is upright again - thankfully! Turns out my neigbour isn't much into DIY but together we fixed it. The fence post was rotten and had split as it was in the ground a long way but had not been treated with anything so was rotten right through. You could actually squeeze it and loads of water came out!!

Had great fun yesterday tidying the shed while the missus attacked the garden. I managed to do all those little jobs I'd been putting off for ages and the shed is now somewhere you don't mind spending some time. All the tools are now hanging up (although the missus has had to restrain my natural urge to draw all around them - she seems to think I'll want a flat cap if I do that). I will need a plan a trip to the local recycling place, and the tip to get rid of some rubbish but once that's done it's fully useable again. I even started to make a new door for the BBQ as the current one has rotted through at the base. The simple joys of woodworking :-)

No comments: