A tale of a Scotsman living in SW london...

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Euro dreaming

Ah, what a night for Man Utd!

I had a gym induction last night (the guy looked bored until I turned up - I think he was keen to have something different to do, but nobody had told him I'm already a gym member and already have a program. The equiptment is not really up to date and they've obviously bought cheaper stuff than they could have, but it's cheap and will do the job nicely.

The result of this was that I missed going out for dinner with some collegues, however I did time my hotel room return to see United score 3 goals. At that point I decided against going to the Thai place round the corner and ordered room service to wtach the game instead.

It was a bit of a dilema - go and have a great meal, but miss what is a brilliant game of football, or order room service, expect to be disappointed, but get to watch the game. As it was, dinner was ok. Well, my baked potato was unedible in the bottom third, the bread of the garlic bread wasn't cooked but the top was burnt and the salad consisted of one sliced up tomato, 3 slices of gem lettuce, half a litre of balsamic vinegar and a lemon. It's a sad state of affairs that I looked upon it as better than expected!

Anyway, I was happy, great game and I can't wait for Liverpool tonight, hopefully to send 3 English teams into the semi-finals. Brilliant.

I should add, I'm desperate for United to win the Champions League again. As a club, they should have won it more, in recent years they should have won it at least twice. I want Fergie to win it, and this United side have played some of the best football in the Premiership and in Europe - I want the best footballing side to win. I can't help feeling - if Fergie leads United to another treble - would he retire at the end of the season?

No comments: