A tale of a Scotsman living in SW london...

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Phone home

I've been negotiating to purchase an PDA style mobile phone for work purposes from a friend. It's not the most modern of devices but will do the job for me. I mainly want a Microsoft Mobile client so I can download documents to it, for example, maps and the like so I don't need to boot up my laptop every time I think I've gone the wrong way. Personally, I think work should give me something like this but apparently I'm not senior enough for that. Anyway, she is not the most reliable and has, at every step, tried to stop the deal happening (not on purpose!)

First, she threw the software and manuals away in a recent house move. No problem thinks me, I can get it from the 02 site. Nope, they don't let you do that. So a quick email or two to friends who have the smae phone came up trumps.

Second, I confirm I want it and she says now she can't find the charger. Eventually that turns up. Now, she's lost the stylus for it.

Still, I'm willing to wait as it'll make life easier and replacement stylus can be bought on ebay for less than a fiver. As it turns out she has just posted it to me, so hopefully I should get it early next week, although the software will be a week behind as my mate is on holiday now. Still, got to love new toys [:)].

No comments: