A tale of a Scotsman living in SW london...

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Well, that's been a looong week so far.

Yesterday saw me go to York for a meeting. After getting the train from Leeds I walked to the office as I'd noted it wasn't that far away and I had a little bit of time. I needed the air to just get my head clear of one client and ready for the next one. As it turned out, it's going to be an interesting challenge, and I do wonder sometimes how people come to certain decisions. On getting back to Leeds I met up with my uncle who I'd not seen since the wedding in April last year. We went to Hansa's, a veggie curry house which was absolutely superb, followed by a beer in the pub next door which served loads of Belgium beers. Nice way to end the evening of chat about UNIX system admin, e-type Jags, cameras, and most of the night, bikes. He has a bit of a thing about bikes, in particular currently he's into Italian hand built titanium track bikes, coming in at over £3000 for the frame alone...

Today I've been in Peterlee, near Durham. It's not somewhere I'll be rushing back to for a holiday but it's been an interesting experience in understanding the current systems. However, the train has been delayed due to some clown commiting suicide on the line which I could do without. On the move now, just need to convince the guard that I don't need to change in York to get to Leeds to get a train to London as I've missed my Leeds train now. Best smile at the ready...

No comments: