A tale of a Scotsman living in SW london...

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Busy but satisfying few days.

In preparation of someone wanting to buy the flat, we've been sorting stuff out. This has meant discovering stuff I didn't know we owned. Which included a foam axe. Bit random, and neither of us remembers buying it. Anyway, we've been quite successful so far, with wardrobe space being reclaimed and cupboards cleared. The study has never been as organised, which is always nice!

Went out for a walk in the afternoon round Richmond Park while the viewings were on. This turned out to be shorter than planned as it was freezing! It was -2 when we got out, and -3 when we got back to the car. People were being a bit stupid and were on the ice on the ponds, right in the middle, where it doesn't take a genius to work out that if it goes there they are in big trouble, but what can you do. Looked very wintery, so we retired home for a cup of tea which was most welcome.

Popped to Kingston this morning for a few bits and pieces. Bought some new work shirts, which Katy disputes I need, but could not argue with the sale prices :-)

Off to Leeds tomorrow, which should be good. Arranged to meet my Uncle for a curry and as I've not seen him since the wedding last year, it'll be great to catch up, discuss work (he designs Solaris systems), whisky, beer, curry and bikes. He doesn't know it yet, but I'm going to get him to build me one of his designs for road cycling. These things take time to design and build, and will be costly I suspect, but will be worth it. I know roughly what I want but I've no idea about colour yet. Will see what I fancy closer to the time, there is a lot of welding to be done first!

No comments: