A tale of a Scotsman living in SW london...

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Wilderness

I apologise for the late posting of this entry, however last night I stayed at a place a mere 10 miles out of Worcester and yet it felt like the back of beyond. No phones, no wireless, no mobile coverage....

So, I spent last night in the bar in the "pub with rooms" I was staying at. I'm sitting here with my laptop in the bar writing this up, listening to others peoples conversations as it's more interesting than the options papers I'm writing. However they are very funny and I can't help but listen in.

For example - Bloke to new girlfriend (I cant help thinking she has a boyfirend and shouldn't be here, don't know why)
but you tick all my boxes. Ooops, really shouldn't have said that. Did I say it out loud?.......really like this pub. Well, it's not really a pub.


Such a bad line... and her reaction was priceless. He then went on to his singing ability and how he could "hold a tune". I suspect he means he has once held in his hands a Nat King Cole CD.

There were also two dotty old birds in the restaurant. Took then 25 mins to eat a bowl of bloody soup. Talking about somebody called "princess" and horses. "Has he still got his ponys?", "no, just the stallion". Too many jokes so I'll stop...

No comments: