A tale of a Scotsman living in SW london...

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Birthday blues

Today I'm feeling a bit iffy. It's my 31st birthday today and it feels worse than being 30. Waking up in a Travellodge on your birthday also sucks, particulalrly when all night you've had drunk people wandering the corriders chatting. Gits. Hope they all had horrid hangovers this morning.

So I can't wait to get home to my own bed and see my wonderful fiance (she hates the word!), and a lovely dinner is planned in a local favourite Italian (my favourite food country - this place does a cracking rack of lamb).

Dinner last night was a laugh. Mexican food is always great for a change (cheese, meat, salsa - what's not to like!) and it was good to get in somewhere new.

On the plus side, this weekend promises to be a good one - engagement party for an old collegue on Friday, birthday drinks for me on Saturday. Have also received an email, so there is now a planned trip home at the end of March for a bit of a party with some my oldest and best friends. Will be good, but March is looking very busy now!!!

No comments: