A tale of a Scotsman living in SW london...

Monday, February 26, 2007

Life is what you make it

So yesterday went well, the place is still lovely and is taking shape. Afterwards lunch was had in a little village (which turns out to be close to Chequers), in a little pub and was really tasty. Shame it tipped it doen all day!

Lot's of people have been very excited about Second Life recently. Personally, I don't think it's anything particularly new and has been done for years (one example - The Sims anyone?). Anyway, I liked this website, which kind of sums it all up to me:
http://www.getafirstlife.com/

I mean, seriously, get outside! You spend all day in front of a PC, you don't really want to spend all night there too do you? I've been going to the gym a lot recently, but nothing beats getting the mountain bike out and flying down a hill. You get the exercise and learn some skills such as balance and judgement (do you really want to do 30mph over that log? - you only do it once...) and sheer joy. I've never left the gym feeling joyous.

No comments: