A tale of a Scotsman living in SW london...

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Rugby

Today being a Saturday, it's always a day to look forward to. However, today is also the start of the Six Nations and, being a Scot surrounded by English (not strictly true, Wimbledon seems full of South Africans and Australians these days) it's going to be a good day. Hopefully I'll still think that about 5:40 this afternoon once we've made it 8 losses in 9 games for England! For the championship to spice things up (lets be honest, the Scottish chances of winning are slim) I've put some money on Ireland to win it. I quite fancy them to do well in the World Cup later this year as they are just peaking at the right time, Australia are not as good as they were but New Zealand are just awesome and I think everybody will struggle to beat them.

Off to see the in-laws later, they've been looking after the other half's niece (4) and nephew (1) since Thursday, so we're going in as backup to take over :-) So, lazy morning (might even try and wsah the car, something I've not done since November to my eternal shame) then an afternoon of being jumped on, pretending to be animals, and made to watch cbeebies. Great!

In other news, my mates have all realised what I've been saying for a year - that we're getting on a bit. A weekend away has been planned in July to celebrate one of our numbers 30th, and to mark a last weekend of freedom before 3 of us get married (including myself). Should be good fun, the plan is currently to go to Dublin for a music festival and camp, which has divided our number (half want to stay in a hotel, half don't). Personally, camping is part of it if you ask me, but the Monday after it would be a nightmare!

Bit of Saturday fun - I'd love to try this!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vk4_2xboOE

No comments: