A tale of a Scotsman living in SW london...

Friday, February 16, 2007

iTunes hell!

So, I upgraded to iTunes 7 the other week. It looks fantastic with the options for artwork flicking and the like (like your flicking through a set of CD's in a shop). However, I have a problem with it. It runs like an absolute pig. I've never seen an app that is as CPU hungry as this. It's an audio player first and foremost, and it doesn't do that! If I do ANYTHING else on the PC while playing music in iTunes, if I surf a web site, flick a window open, anything, the audio stutters.

It's the most frustrating thing. A quick scoot through some forums and it seems people running much higher end kit than me have the same problem. Apple, I love your stuff, but please, please fix it!!!!

Going to spend the weekend trying to go back to version 6 of iTunes. One thing I have learnt - if you get one of the new iPods they will ONLY run in version 7 of iTunes. I'm glad I have the option.

No comments: