A tale of a Scotsman living in SW london...

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Brits

So people are complaining about Russell Brands jokes from the Brits. Having read what he said (and watched part of it) I got the impression it was a tad self indulgent on his part but the Brits got a presenter with the wit who can pull of such an event. However, I've seen and heard worse on TV every day, but I think partly it was that it was him and partly a Wednesday night ITV audience who are complaining. It's like Top Gear - I'll bet people watched it so they could complain. Read his article in the Guardian on a Saturday in the sports section - it's brilliantly written.

Personally, the constant dulling of sound to cover "bad language" was so annoying, I nearly turned off. It was 10pm, after the watershed - why dull it? If that's what you are going to do, I'd rather you ran a 15 minute delay on transmission so you don't ruin my enjoyment of it. Every time Liam got near a microphone it was dulled - he would provide more comedy than most of the so called pop stars there are now.

No comments: