A tale of a Scotsman living in SW london...

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Bass!!!

The onboard soundcard in my PC had been causing me grief when importing CD's to iTunes (jumping) so new soundcard was ordered and fitted (see related"user error" post a few days ago). Alongside that, a new set of speakers were ordered from Mr Amazon to support the new card and make it sound the way it should. The end result can be summed up in three words - "Feel the bass!!!!" The speakers are on 1/4 volume, the subwoofer is set to 1/6th and the sound is already immense. Very impressed.

Downside - Amazon had used home delivery network to deliver the speakers. They had delivered them outside the house in the porch as no-one was in. And that is where they sat for two days...Amazed they were still there.

Other news - living in SW London is worrying. All these kids getting shot - the latest is an area close to here. The move out cannot come soon enough. That, combined with the traffic has nailed it for me. I am fed up being cut up by muppets who cannot drive in London, or those who think they have a right to go. 3 sets of lights I hit tonight went amber just after I had crossed the line. Every time, at the very least one car behind me came through behind me on red. Why? What are the 2 minutes going to give you? You'll only be in traffic round the corner anyway.

No comments: