A tale of a Scotsman living in SW london...

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Today is a hectic day, as was yesterday.

Yesterday was spent busying myself with work - lot's to try and get done as quickly as possible to enable me to get with the next project. Evening was spent trying to organise my drinking habits.

It is my 30th birthday next week (Wednesday, since you didn't ask), so i have been trying to organise meeting up with friends to celebrate (if that is what you do on your 30th). It's now looking like a busy time!

Saturday brings with it rugby, so it will be spent in the pub watching England no doubt beat my boys. However as I live in London, this brings it's own challenges. Putting up with the gloating for example, when England beat a team that, to be quite honest, they should beat as they are (on paper anyway) a much better team. Saturday night will be be the first birthday party, but it'll be a few drinks and probably dinner in my little part of London. Sunday, the girlfriends parents, sister, her husband and two littles ones are coming over. That'll be interesting, as we've not seen the little ones in a while and the little one is only just over 6 weeks old. Only hope he's not sick on my sofa!

Monday night brings a gig at Shepherds Bush, with Beth Orton being on stage. Bit of a good one this, as it was the first gig I took the other half too so it has sentimental reasons, even if the music doesn't exactly uplift you, her voice does.

The main organisation has been with the Scotland leg of the birthday. This has proved to be chaos, partly as it's also the Grandparents 80th the same weekend. However, it's all taking shape and more details will no doubt follow.

Today however brings much sadness. For it is today that the much put off trip to Ikea occurs. Oh, be still my beating heart....Will let you know the outcome....

No comments: