A tale of a Scotsman living in SW london...

Friday, February 24, 2006

Glutton for punishment

I really am a madman. Last night I volunteered to go to Ikea on my own. I really should learn to think before opening my mouth. Anyway, the deed was done, and having spent a glorious 40 minutes on the car park that is the North Circular in rush hour, I got there. Amazingly, they had everything I needed, so a quick hot, skip and a jump and it was done.

Well, apart from loading the stuff in the car...I'd bought a small wardrobe to act as an overflow for the study. Only small wardrobes made from particleboard and blooming heavy! That, some kitchen units to cover up the boiler and a couple of shelf units and my job was done. Last night I made the wardrobe up (minus the doors and drawers). This has been a god send as the study has been very uncomfortable for a while as a result of a duff unit taking over the whole room. That and my missus leaving all her boxed up stuff that hasn't been unpacked since we moved in in there. I swear, I've nearly broken my toe three times in the last 2 weeks by falling over this stuff. Anyway, it's done now and looking good. It's a great feeling when you made some improvements to your home and they really work out well. Well chuffed.

Tonight will be quiet in preparation for a busy weekend - as it's my 30th next week it's the first round of parties this weekend. Bring it on!

Oh, and Come on Scotland!! Need a victory in the six nations to keep me in a good mood!

No comments: