A tale of a Scotsman living in SW london...

Sunday, December 07, 2008

I've recently discovered, via the medium of the Freeview box, BBC 6 Music. Now, I like listening to radio, you don't have a choice when you spend a s much time in the car as I do! So, Radio 1, 2, 4 and XFM (when in London) all get listened to. However 6 Music is different to all of them. They play superb music, I'm listening to it now and it's all 70's and 80's classic (good classic stuff!) like the Clash, The Beat, Elastica and the like. Awesome stuff. Now, I've not listened to it during the week, but will definitely give it a try.

The other music source I discovered was Last.FM. You type in the type of music you want to listen to, or an artist, and it streams similar stuff to you. Some are better than others, but overall, very good - essential when you forget your ipod in the office! You can also "scrobble" music when you sync your ipod, so it learns the type of stuff you've been listening to and plays tracks your more likely to like. Impressive stuff, and the best bit? It's all free ;-)

You have to love the internet!

No comments: