A tale of a Scotsman living in SW london...

Friday, November 21, 2008

Today I'm on holiday as we are off to a wedding. I've been looking forward to this wedding for a few reasons, but mainly as it's the first wedding in London that we'll have gone to. As such, it means getting dressed up and getting the train in as the venue is just off the Strand. So it'll be the first wedding I've got the train too...

It should be good fun though, the venue looks great (an old house on a back lane beside Embankment) and we know a fair amount of people going as it's my wives old flatmate from when we started going out, so I'm looking forward to it. I've decided against wearing my kilt though - it's just too much hassle and the thought of getting on a train at midnight full of drunken people doesn't appeal - it's at those times when you want to blend in and not stand out. It's a shame, but there you go. I actually think I'd be overdressed for the wedding if I wore that - I expect it to be a rather casual affair.

No comments: