A tale of a Scotsman living in SW london...

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Quandary

It's a busy time for work, the annual deluge of reviews has started. They brought the date they need all the responses back forward this year and there hasn't been much notice. So you know, this means that we all had to tell the Big company who we wanted to review us early, they all get written to and asked to respond. Normally, you have about 4 weeks to do this which makes it much easier to plan around the usual work stuff that's going on. This year, it was a total of 2 weeks, including the time to prepare your own response. It's not a lot.

As such, I'm left in the situation where I need to complete my response by the end of today (it's already written, thanks to a bit of foresight) but I've not had any of my feedback requests back yet as nobody thinks it's urgent yet.

As such, the quandary of today - do I submit now and be on time (I'll bet a very small percentage do it today) without having any comments in it from people I work with, or wait until I have the comments, and do it them?

I'm swaying to the latter as so much rides on the review that I'm very unhappy to submit without comments.

No comments: