A tale of a Scotsman living in SW london...

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fish

Well, I was doing some research last night on the fish I'd eaten in Mozambique. For those who know me, this was a big deal as I've only really started to eat fish in recent years, and even then it's not a regular thing as I'm still picky. So if the missus has fish, I'll try a bit and through that I've learned that I really don't like prawns.

But Mozambique was something else. The fish there are big game fish, much meatier and with less fiddly bones to contend with. But the best thing are the names, Wahoo, Prodigal Son and the like. Brilliant.

So I did some reading on these fish. Wahoo (surely the best animal name in the world?) is actually one of the fastest fish in the sea, having been clocked about 60 mph. That's a fast fish! But also quite a big fish at up to 2.5 metres! I'd also add, they are very, very tasty when served with fresh salad, cooked by an open fire BBQ ;-)

Prodigal Son has proved to be more of a challenge. I think it's another name for the Travelli fish, as if you enter Prodigal Son into google you get all sorts, mainly Bible related, but there is not much out there on it. So if you do find anything, let me know!

No comments: