A tale of a Scotsman living in SW london...

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Busy old weekend. Saturday was spent doing "house things". So an early morning trip to deli for some lunch items was called for. The deli is fantastic and one of the things I'll miss about London is the ability to get pretty much anything, at any time, within walking distance of the flat. I mean, with 5 minutes walk of here I can go to the theatre, cinema, gym, a multitude if restaurants and bars - and yet if I'm in the garden it's quiet - just what you need!

Apart from that, lot's of little jobs done really, stripped and painted the back door (which is a job I've wanted to do for ages!), lot's of photo printing as we got so many picture frames and albums when we got married, and are only now sorting them out! It's one of the great things really, we can look back on them all and it still only feels like yesterday.

One thing I have done in the last week was watch Big Cat Diary on BBC1. I was never a fan really, my brother watched it all the time, and as a result went to th Masi Mara on honeymoon, but having been to Africa on safari now, it really gives you a different perspective on just how lucky they are to tape the animals they get. We spent three days tracking leopards, and saw one every day we were there, but yet they get a family with baby cubs, that's very lucky. You also don't get a feel for the area, just how loud it can be with animal noise, and how remote it all feels from civilisation, and watching it brought it all back. I want to go again!!!

A sample of the pictures we took while we were in Botswana:

1 comment:

The Gorse Fox said...

Why did you have to strip to pain the back door? Wouldn't that have frightened the neighbours?