A tale of a Scotsman living in SW london...

Friday, May 05, 2006

weighty issues

Those who know will say that I don't need to lose weight (they may think it, but nobody ever tells me). Anyway, after the Barcelona trip and the cold months, it's time for me to lose some weight. So I've eaten salad for lunch all week, with healthy dinners. I should add that the night we got back from Barcelona we went and got a takeaway curry, but let's skip over that for now.

I've even (god forbid) been to the gym! Twice! Am feeling better for it so think I'll keep it up for a bit. After all, I need to lose some to trim up a bit. I wouldn't look a fantastic sight on the beach at the moment....more whale than baywatch.

Anyway, this weekend will be spent with friends, relaxing, drinking and eating. Hardly the best way to lose weight however they do say you need to laugh to lose weight and there will be plenty of that. Roll on tonight and the first drink!

Talking of drink, haven't had any since I started this fitness thing. Well, I had a glass of cider last night as we had to use some in a marinade for dinner (fantastic it was, both dinner and the cider). Hmm, could it be that my old age means that I am beginning to appreciate cider?

No comments: