A tale of a Scotsman living in SW london...

Monday, May 08, 2006

Pin

My friends know that I have issues with certain things (James Blunt for example - how???). Chip and Pin is one of them. I've never been convinced that it's any safer as anyone can look over your shoulder and see you enter your pin. Once they have that, it's fair game. There are stories of shops aiming video cameras over tills to see peoples pins. And it seems this is what may hav ehappened at Shell Petrol stations.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/4980190.stm

To me, it's a stupid idea but as it's been deployed all over the place (including Barcelona I noted last week) it's never going to change. I suspect I may have to learn to live with this one, but I don't think it's any better than signing your name. If anything, it's worse.

No comments: