A tale of a Scotsman living in SW london...

Thursday, November 06, 2008

Good game of badminton last night, which left the feeling this morning that I'd spent an hour swinging my right arm wildly at something (not too far from the truth) and a slightly tight muscles on the right hand side of the leg. Note to self - more lunges needed on next gym trip ;-)It's a great game though, really enjoy it and perhaps more so than squash now as it's much less impact on the body so in an ideal world, you can play the game longer before your knees give in.

Still on track with the fitness plan, which involves getting enough gym visits and weight loss to see an improvement over the last health check at the gym. Now, I'd love to say that this is for me own health benefits, and it does, but if I manage to lose 5 pounds in 3 weeks, I'll be well under what I was last time I did the check. This gives me bonus points on the scheme the gym runs, which in turn means that when my renewal hits for the gym, instead of paying 85quid a month, which is the standard gym rate and not one I've ever paid, I'll pay £8. So, when I joined the gym two years ago it cost me, all in, £45 a month. So this scheme has it's benefits financially, and that to me, a Scotsman after all, has a bigger appeal!

On track so far though!

No comments: