A tale of a Scotsman living in SW london...

Thursday, June 14, 2007

A good night last night, attended a University wine tasting at Malmaison in London.

What was brilliant was the guy who ran it - his job title is "Director of wine and Spirits", surely a job I could do? However, even better was his name - Jonny Walker!

New levels of despair today. Checked with my manager that we were still on for a quarterly review. She replied that yes, so long as the travel wasn't the only reason I was going there as there were still restrictions on meeting travel for internal meetings. Now, this is my manager, the person supposedly responsible for my career, who is restricted from travelling to meet her own staff - surely it's not just me that finds that very bizarre?????

Bean counters and processes, hold you back and get in the way.

2 comments:

The Gorse Fox said...

GF believes they are collectively known as Trolls.

We now havs an outbreak of trolls on the programme also as accountants take over the decision making. Reminds one of the famous quote from an astronaut... "Would you want to go into space knowing that all of the parts of your rocket were provided by the lowest bidder?"

The Mighty Atom said...

Ah, trolls, I always thought they were known by another name - "overhead".