A tale of a Scotsman living in SW london...

Friday, February 09, 2007

Home

Well, the drive home yesterday through "snow chaos" was the easiest and quickest I've ever driven from Worcester to London. The car park had turned to slush, and with hardly any cars on the road with clear roads it was actually a very pleasant drive home.

While driving it did make me wonder what the fuss had been about. Granted, earlier in the day it had been heavy, and I wasn't on anything other than major routes, but was this an example of media hysetria perhaps? At least the snow got them over the bird flu fixation...Oh no, apparently it's all out war with Hungary over that one.

It makes me think - when did the news become a mission in blame? It may be rose tinted glasses, but looking back I can't recall the news ever being a witch hunt. An example...So Steve McLaren loses, suddenly he is the "under fire" manager. Why? Because some players didn't play well? They haven't noticed that they haven't played well for 6 years....

The media could be doing with learning some realism, although I don't suppose that sells papers and gets them viewing figures.

No comments: